Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Commission: Robe Town Beach

Late last year I was commissioned to do a painting of Robe Town Beach. It was completed earlier this year - end of May. For those of you who saw the progress shots and would like to see the final finished piece.

Ta-DA! :D
Robe Commission FINISHED!
(Click here to see image larger)

Like most of my paintings, "my babies", I'm really proud of this piece, particularly for its super fine attention to detail, ie. the cracks and texture in the rocks and fine coloured strands of seaweed as well as the delicate foot prints in the sand. 

It's a very personal piece with a lot of meaning specific to the client, however any viewer should be able to enjoy my "joke" of the dachshund off the leash when the sign in the background clearly reads "dogs prohibited".
   
This painting now sits framed and proudly in the dining room of a beautiful home in Canberra.

No comments:

Post a Comment