Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Hummingbird Sisters

The Hummingbird Sisters

Meet Lulu and June Hummingbottom, the conjoined twins of French Canadian amateur Genetics Scientist Judy Hummingbottom and Anglo Canadian World Famous Pianist Lewis Hummingbottom.

Talented and gifted singers, the girls can sing Opera, Jazz and Yodel. With such an impressive talent and a striking look, it was no surprise that the Sideshow found them and quickly offered them top billing! Part of their act is to dress up as an Angel and Devil; Lulu as the Angel and June as the Devil. Off stage their personalities are to the contrary. Lulu admits she is the cheeky loud one with "an Encyclopaedia of Vices" while June tries to avoid bad habits.

Lulu: If it's frowned upon cos it's 'naughty' or 'inappropriate' I probably indulge myself. Drives June crazy. What’s that saying about the cheese again? 
June: As different as chalk and cheese.
Lulu: Yeah, that’s it! We’re as different as chalk and cheese.

Black. White. Yes. No. Dark. Light. Dog. Cat. Night. Morning. Elvis. Beatles. Rolling Stones. Beatles. Lady Ga-ga. Beatles. VODKA MARTINI! English breakfast with a spot of milk or earl grey with a slice of lemon. Steak and chips. Vegetarian Sushi. Australian Football, cos I like the tight shorts on the “Aussie blokes”. You are such a pervert. I’m personally not interested in spectator sports. I prefer the visual arts. I’m particularly impressed by… Yep, I’m all for gay marriage. Huh??... I mean, I feel it’s a basic human right. Right? Come on, it’s a complex debate, you can’t leap in and say “Yes” like that, it’s not that simple. However, having said that, I suppose I support the right for same sex marriage also. Really? Since when? *Rolls eyes* I’ve always felt that way, you knew this already. *Sighs* you just don’t listen. Hey did you know, when we were young I was the first to learn how to talk. When June eventually decided to start talking, she could only speak in French!! Weird huh? You’re a bit of a ‘freak’ eh lady? Well you know what they say Lulu? It takes one to know one.

Ying&Yang

No comments:

Post a Comment